How’s your week going so far? I’m a little bit relieved at work front this week 🙂 So enjoying a little time in hand. Today I’m here with review of Livon Moroccan Silk Serum.
I have normal hair with normal scalp which gets frizzy and have flyaway’s if not used conditioner or serums. So I experiment a lot with shampoo conditioners and serums as well 🙂 I have received Livon Moroccan Silk Serum in my fabbag feb2015. I have been using it a lot since then and about to finish it so here I’m to share my experience on it.
About Livon Moroccan Silk Serum:
New Livon Moroccan Silk Serum has a special blend of conditioning agents that coat every strand of hair making it easy to comb through. This results in effortless detangling of hair and prevents its breakage so that you get the beauty of smooth, silky, free flowing hair.
Price, Quantity & Shelf-life:
259/- INR for 59ml. 149/- INR for 30ml. 2 years of shelf-life.
How to Apply:
Benefits of Livon Moroccan Silk Serum:
My Experience with Livon Moroccan Silk Serum:
Beautiful transparent pink bottle with clumsy cap which doesn’t shut properly and got lose after few usage. Not a travel friendly packaging.
Very mild floral scent. I got a faint jasmine scent which I liked. smell doesn’t linger long and is not bothersome.
I need 4-5 pumps for my waist length hair. I have used it when I followed my shampoo with conditioner as well as when I skipped conditioner also on oiled and non-oiled hair and here are my findings:
- Oiled hair washed with shampoo and conditioner: It made hair touchable smooth and shiney and tamed whatever flyways were left. I detangled my hair with fingers without any breakage. Shine lasted whole day but My hair started to look flat on 2nd day.
- Non-oiled hair washed with shampoo conditionerMade hair smooth and shiney. Did not made my hair flat for 2 days also tamed my fly aways but shine lasted only for a day.
- Oiled hair washed with shampoo without conditioner: Performed same way as point 2.
- Non-oiled hair washed with shampoo without conditioner: Did not tame fly aways at all. Just made my hair touchably smooth and soft and detangled them without breaking. Shine did not last whole day.
Overall I like this serum for the cost but I like original Livon Serum more than this for this price range. It is good for days when you do not have time to oil your hair or use conditioner. It imparts temporary shine and helps in detangling hair. I did not notice any differnece in my fly aways after consistent usage so I guess Argan/Moroccan oil percentage must be very less. Do not go overboard else it will make your hair flat.
What I like:
- Mild floral fragrance.
- Detangles hair easily.
- Does not feel heavy on hair.
- Adds temporary shine and tames mild frizz/fly aways.
- Have sunscreen and argan oil.
- Pump dispenses perfect quantity of product.
- Beautiful pink bottle.
- Does not build up on hair.
What I do not Like:
- Clumsy packaging.
- Not effective on very dry, very frizzy or coarse hair.
- Argan oil percentage is not mentioned.
Final Verdict: 3.5/5
Livon Moroccan Silk Serum is good light weight serum which does not build up on hair and detangles them easily. Do not expect the shine to last more than 1 day.
Dry to Normal to oily hair: yes.
Very dry hair: No.
Repurchase: No. I have used better serum with same price tag. Stay tuned for review.
Have you used Livon Moroccan Silk Serum? What do you think about it? Share your views in comment section below 🙂
Till next time…take care…xoxo.