Want to colour your hair but are wary of chemicals? Have you given a thought to organic hair dye, henna?
Everyone talks about henna for hair colour, but do you also know of the many benefits of henna for hair care and overall health? Here are the top 5 reasons why you should include henna in your hair care routine.
#1 Promotes hair growth
Henna improves hair follicle health. This not only helps your hair grow, but also helps prevent hair fall.
#2 Repairs damaged hair
Henna offers damaged hair much needed nourishment. This helps undo the damage and it also strengthens hair to prevent further breakage or split ends.
#3 As a conditioner
A hair mask made using henna and egg works as a wonderful conditioner. Henna seals hair cuticles so moisture cannot escape. The result is smooth and silky hair.
#4 To improve scalp health
Henna soothes and nourishes irritated scalp. Its cooling and antimicrobial properties banish fungal issues like dandruff.
#5 Maintains pH and oil levels
If you have oily hair, you must use henna as part of your hair care routine. Henna helps control and balance oil production in your scalp. At the same time, it also helps restore pH levels of the scalp, thus strengthening hair follicles. Hence henna for hair that has a tendency to grease up just after the wash is one of the best and most affordable solutions!
Now that you know how wonderful henna is for the overall health and condition of your hair you might want to try henna for hair color. Here are two ways to make natural henna hair dye at home.
#1 Henna and coffee hair colour pack:
You will need:
- 5 tablespoons henna powder
- 1 tablespoon instant black coffee
- 1 cup water
Making the dye:
- Add the coffee powder to the water and bring to a boil.
- Let it boil for a few minutes and then turn off the flame.
- Pour the warm coffee decoction into a bowl containing the henna powder. Mix it thoroughly, making sure there are no lumps.
- Make sections in your hair and apply the paste from root to tip.
- Once your entire head is covered, put on a shower cap and let it sit for 3-4 hours.
- You’ll need to wash your hair with a mild sulfate-free shampoo along with some lukewarm water. We recommend Pantene Pro-V.
- Condition your hair at the end, it’ll lock in the nutrients of henna.
If you want more red henna hair dye colour, then you can decrease the quantity of coffee powder.
#2 Henna and lemon juice hair pack:
You can also make a henna hair dye using:
- 1 cup henna powder
- 1 cup freshly brewed green tea
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
Making the dye:
- Add the warm tea to the henna powder and mix it until it forms a paste.
- Let it sit overnight.
- Add the lemon juice in the morning and mix it well.
- Cover your hair with this paste and let it sit for 3 hours.
- Wash it off with a mild shampoo and plenty of water to get it out of your hair properly.
- Don’t forget to condition your hair.
Always go for organic henna as it is free from harmful chemicals and artificial colour. Organic henna is always of a dusky, dull green colour. There is no black henna hair dye. If someone sells that to you, it probably contains chemicals or other additives.
Try these hair colouring packs and let us know the transformation your hair underwent. You can also start using henna regularly in your hair care routine and let us know about the goodness unravelled in the comments below.
Till next time…take care…xoxo.
P.S. Sponsored Post.