Pores are a part of your skin, and very essential to help the skin breathe. But sometimes pores can enlarge and cause more problems for you. How can you cope?
Your skin has pores to help secrete oil that keeps it healthy and moisturised. But the same pores, when they become enlarged, can cause problems like acne, blackheads and premature ageing. Oil and dead skin cells trapped within enlarged pores turn black upon exposure to the air and the result is blackheads. Blocked pores can also harbour bacteria that go on to cause acne and pimples. Now, wondering what is the difference between acne and pimples? Are they different? Yes they are! However, by closing large open pores is really a one stop solution for all your facial problems!
There are cosmetic products that can combat the problem, but they often end up worsening it. Have you thought about these simple home remedies to shrink pores?
#1 Exfoliating, cleansing and moisturising
Enlarged pores look worse when they are clogged with oil and dead skin cells. Following a regimen of exfoliating, cleansing and moisturising regularly can help tackle this problem. Make a natural home scrub of roughly-powdered orange peel and almonds. This gentle scrub will remove trapped skin and oil from large pores on nose and other problem areas on your face.
#2 A cocktail of lemon and cucumber juice with rose water
Lemon juice is a natural astringent that tightens your skin and reduces pore size. It also helps cleanse your skin. The cucumber juice and rose water soothe acne-affected skin.
- Add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice to a cup of rose water and 1/2 cup of cucumber juice.
- Apply the healthy cocktail to your face
- Wash off after 10-15 minutes.
#3 Apple cider vinegar
This one is my favorite. Another natural astringent and skin toner, apple cider vinegar not only reduces the size of pores but also removes oil, blackheads and cleanses your skin.
- Make a solution of equal parts of organic apple cider and water.
- Using a cotton ball, dab the solution on the large pores on face, nose and cheek.
- Wash it off after a few minutes with a gentle cleanser like Olay Gentle Foaming Face Wash with Aloe.
- Follow this strictly for a few weeks every night and you will soon see the results.
#4 Egg white and lemon juice mask
Egg white is a known beauty treatment. Use this natural toner to shrink enlarged pores.
- Break 2 raw eggs and remove the yolk.
- Whisk the whites and add the juice of half a lemon.
- Apply this mask to your face and leave it on for 10-15 minutes.
- Rinse it off with water.
- Repeat this a few times a week.
#5 Baking soda
Baking soda is an excellent exfoliating agent and it can cleanse your face of excess oil, dirt and other impurities, while also shrinking skin pores.
- Make a paste of 2 tablespoons of baking soda in 2 tablespoons lukewarm water.
- Apply this paste to your face with clean washed hands and massage it gently in a circular motion.
- Wash it off with cold water and use a gentle moisturiser.
While you must try these remedies, here are a few tips to manage large pores.
- Do not use greasy cosmetic products.
- Do not use products that dry your skin as that prompts the skin to produce more oil.
- Use a face wash and stop using bar soaps.
- Avoid thick, heavy makeup. Make sure you remove all your makeup before you go to sleep.
Follow these tips diligently and you will banish large pores(Well not banish but definitely will be able to deal with large pores) forever. But patience is the key, you can not see the difference overnight. Also I have tried and tested these methods and they really helped my skin to recover after a bad phase of acne.(You won’t believe but my whole face was covered with acne once upon a time due to weather change and it gave me large pores and blemished skin).
Find over 230 skin care tips to be your best beautiful daily at www.rewardme.in
I hope you enjoyed the post and hopefully these hacks will work for you 🙂
Till next time…take care…xoxo